Serial Killing FTW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Locz

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people Empty
PostSubject: Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people   Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 12:15 am

By Recah Trinidad
Inquirer
Last updated 03:51am (Mla time) 08/29/2007

LOS ANGELES -- The theater-like set-up at the Cebu training site is perfect for Manny Pacquiao, who loves to play to the crowd, but a top deputy to trainer Freddie Roach says his boss did right in threatening to bolt and come home over a question of crowd control.

Roach on Sunday gave managers at the RWS Gym one last chance to hold back boxing fanatics that have tended to wreck Pacquiao’s regimen.

“Freddie did right, he knows what he’s doing,” boxing teacher Eric Brown told the Philippine Daily Inquirer Tuesday at Wild Card Gym upon learning of Roach’s displeasure.

Brown said he found it ridiculous that Pacquiao took the risk (to train in the Philippines) when it has been proven time and again that Wild Card was perfect for him.

Pacquiao fights Marco Antonio Barrera, whom he stopped in their first meeting in Texas in 2003, on Oct. 6 at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas.

The mainer of the “Will to Win” card is being drumbeated as the final ring appearance of Barrera, a Mexican boxing icon who has been tipped to come in at his best.

“I’ll slap anybody who says it will be an easy fight for Manny,” Roach told a boxing website last week.

There will always be distractions wherever Pacquiao trains, but another trainer at Wild Card, Tommy Barett, said they could always close the gym door.

He added there will always be the tall, imposing Rob Peterson, a stern security officer, who has always kept Pacquiao fans in their proper place inside Roach’s famous gym here.

Ola Afolabi, who moved out from London to work with Roach here, agreed that Pacquiao could not afford to take it easy.

He was wondering why the Pacman suddenly left after having checked in for training at Wild Card last Aug. 7. He also frowned on Pacquiao playing basketball when the big fight is just around the corner.

“Maybe Manny wanted to take it easy out there,” he said.
Back to top Go down
Padilla

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people   Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 5:24 pm

I hope Manny gets mopped! Mad
Back to top Go down
Yaki Kik

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people   Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 6:22 pm

Padilla wrote:

You show your true colors over here... :lol:
Back to top Go down
Padilla

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people   Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people EmptyThu Aug 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Yaki Kik wrote:
Padilla wrote:

You show your true colors over here... :lol:

Those dicksuckers made me even more anti-Pacquiao. I really didnt care before. But now I hope he gets beaten into retirement. Mad
Back to top Go down
Mexican Legend

Mexican Legend

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people   Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people EmptyMon Oct 01, 2007 3:12 pm

Padilla wrote:

Those dicksuckers made me even more anti-Pacquiao. I really didnt care before. But now I hope he gets beaten into retirement. Mad

This Might Just Be You're Best Post Ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people   Pacquiao taking a risk, say Wild Card people Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1